Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Indeed the deed is done. Dylan went through with it and is now sporting some pretty little pink flower earrings.

She didn't want to go through with it after she had the first ear pierced and was practically hyperventilating. Oh wait, that was Scott. (Really, it was both.) But they pulled through in the end.

The rest of the night went as good as can be expected when you've got toddler brother crashing the party. After ripping open several of the wrapped presents with birthday girl shrieking in protest, he destroyed a good 1/4 of the cake with one swipe during the birthday song. To further lay claim on the cake that he thought should be his alone, he escaped midway through a diaper change (in his own birthday suit) and proceeded to mark his territory under the table. New rug, of course.

Now we move on to dealing with a hypochondriac daughter who is convinced that her ears are
(1) not on her head in the right places, and (2) going to develop a severe infection and rot off.
She was in our bedroom no fewer than 3 times throughout the early morning hours.

At 12:30 a.m. : I think I touched my ear in my sleep. My hands have germs on them.

At 2:30 a.m. : I think I rolled over on Tigee (stuffed animal). He's dirty.

At 5:45 a.m. : My hair touched the holes. Do they look red? Are they swollen?

All I know is, I'm tired. I plan to lay low today. Who knows what tomorrow may bring?



No comments: