Monday, April 23, 2007

Dylan's Little Problem

Dylan is one of those people who likes to talk. Yes, she's a talker. I mean, seriously, on a good day she could talk the paint off the wall. But today, all of her talking has gotten her into quite a pickle.

You see, tomorrow is her birthday. Her 10th. And for years, she's anticipated this day. Years ago, we told her that she could get her ears pierced when she was 10. So, for the past 11 months she's been counting down the days.

For the whole month of April, she has talked nonstop about getting her ears pierced to just about anyone she could corner. Especially the girls at school. She wanted them all to be there. Seeing as how we didn't want to take the shuttle bus to the mall, we talked her down to just 2 or 3. But that became complicated. If I invite Julia and Sarah, I'll have to ask Joanna. If I ask Joanna, I'll have to ask Audrey, and so on. You get the picture. So, we decided on just Julia.

Problem solved. Right? Well, again, it's become complicated. Suddenly she's having second thoughts. Can I go without Julia? No. You've already invited her. Is Daddy gonna to be there? Yes. Why can't it just be you and me? Dylan, are you chickening out? Maybe.

Oops. It's gonna be hard facing all those girls at school on Wednesday if she doesn't go through with it. And she'll have Julia to witness it as well. If there's a silver lining, I guess it would be that Julia doesn't speak good English. Except that there's still the issue of the intact earlobes.

Well, at this point all we can do is cross our fingers. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

No comments: