Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Be My Baby

Something disturbing has happened to Isaac.

My baby doesn't think he's a baby. In fact, his favorite game to play now is...Baby.

It all started with the book, The Wheels on the Bus. He loves singing along when the babies on the bus go Wah! Wah! Wah! And, because he exaggerates so much when he does it, his sisters laugh at him. You know what happens when you laugh at a toddler? They will do it again. And again. And again. Etc.

Except that is has evolved. Suddenly, Isaac is crawling around everywhere going, Wah! Wah! Wah! And whenever I affectionately call him baby, this triggers another bout of Wah! Wah!
My sweet little baby is pretending to be a baby. That's not right.

I guess I should brace myself for more of these bittersweet moments.

But Isaac had better brace himself as well. Because, like it or not, he will always be my baby.

No comments: