Thursday, March 29, 2007

Let the Fun Begin!

We're excited about our spring break and trip south, with one exception. If only we could leave Isaac with the rest of our checked luggage, and retrieve him when we land in Mobile, things would be close to perfect. That part of the trip I'm dreading. At least this time I'll be sitting next to Scott.

On my last trip south, flying solo with Isaac, I had the good fortune of being stuck next to a woman who, upon seeing us making our way toward her, starts moaning loudly, for everyone in earshot to hear - and on our small plane, that meant everyone, including the pilot, "Oh no. I'm recovering from knee surgery. He doesn't kick, does he?''

Of course, I graciously offered to trade seats with someone, anyone, because (a) He is an active toddler, and (b) He loves a challenge.
Of course he's gonna kick now, Knee Surgery Lady. You've drawn a line in the sand.

The rest of the passengers were suddenly very interested in the patterns on the seat material and we didn't have any takers. It could have been Isaac, with his eyes flashing red and horns sticking out of his head. Or it could have been Knee Surgery Lady. But, either way, everyone else was content to stay put, thank you very much, and leave us to spar it out in the back row. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we were in the very last row. Which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. While my hearing hasn't reached full capacity yet, the jet engines did manage to drown out some of Isaac's wailing.

The two of them went back and forth, me caught in the middle, until Isaac shook his bottle and sprayed milk all over her good leg. After that, she managed to turn towards the aisle with her back to us. Reveling in his victory, Isaac then went to sleep.

This time, it's a happy trip, though. And I'm looking forward to family, friends, and the beach. As soon as we take-off, we're gonna be peeling out of our coats and jackets and donning our sunshades. And if I can convince Scott to let loose and sport a fauxhawk like Sanjaya, I promise to share pictures with you when we get back!

No comments: