Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Free Katie

As if keeping up with our 3 kids isn't hard enough, Dylan and Katherine usually show up with some extras.

Katherine was supposed to arrive home from school yesterday with a friend. But she arrived alone. No Katie.

Katie had lost her permission slip to leave with Katherine and had been sent away in tears to attend her usual after-school program.

I felt really bad that she was upset, and I felt even worse when I couldn't get in touch with her mom, who was still thinking that Katie was with me. So Katherine and I jumped in the car and set off to rescue Katie.

We didn't even know where to find her, but we finally located the right place. Of course it was locked tight, but we sneaked in behind a man after he punched in the security code. We didn't get far, however, before the administrator found us and thwarted our effort. So we weren't able to actually free Katie. But we were at least assured that her mom knew where she was.

To make Katie feel better, we promised to reschedule for today. So, this afternoon, I'll be counting heads again. And if I'm lucky, everyone will be accounted for.

No comments: