Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend of Labor

Looking back now, I guess I have only myself to blame for our Labor Day weekend gone bust.

On Thursday, I was looking forward to a long holiday weekend with perfect weather predicted. Sunny. Temperatures in the 70's.

With the kids starting school in a week, I was anticipating some fun family time. Lots of grilling out and playing games in the backyard.

To make things even better, we had dinner plans on Sunday at a very nice restaurant with some very nice people. Adults. And we were lucky enough to get The Good Babysitter. The older one. The one that can control our wild kids. She's usually already taken, so this too was a special treat. Oh, and did I mention that the dinner was going to be free?

Sounds too good to be true.

And it was.

On Friday, Dylan got sick. High fever throughout the weekend. I took her to the doctor today to rule out anything needing medication or hospitalization. Thankfully, it was just a random virus that she's slowly recuperating from.

I wouldn't dream of blaming poor Dylan. She certainly didn't ask for it.

But I should have known better. If the weather predictions had called for nonstop rain...if the only babysitter available had been the one that we refer to simply as The Zookeeper - for obvious reasons... if the only place for us to eat had been McDonalds...then everything would've have gone as planned.

No comments: