Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Totally Two

Isaac's birthday was just a couple of weeks ago, and he's already acting so much like a 2 year old. I was expecting him to slowly transition into a toddler. But he's fully there.

He's definitely got the "I can do it myself" syndrome. Eye-seek do it!! He's determined to do everything without help.

He can now get a cup from the cabinet, take it to the refrigerator, push the button on the door, and fill his cup. Which, by the way, wouldn't be such a bad thing except that half the time he completely misses the cup and gets more water on himself and the floor than in the cup.

You can follow the trail of destruction and know exactly where he's been. Yesterday, I found my reading glasses in two pieces. And I'm constantly finding strange things like tissue boxes and hot wheels in my washing machine. The salt shaker mysteriously became clogged until I caught him in the act of licking it and then putting it back in place. The list is endless.

I'm sure the girls went through this stage as well. I've just blocked it from my memory. Well, almost. I do remember Katherine's obsession with flushing everything down the toilet. Including Dylan's new kitten. The cat survived, but he was never really quite right after that. Dylan named him Sally Bop because of his habit of "bopping" himself into the wall. A habit that he developed after being flushed away.

No comments: