Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flying South

Today's been wild. We're leaving for Alabama tomorrow morning, and I''ve had a jillion last minute errands to run.

One of those errands involved buying Isaac new shoes. And because I put this off to the last minute, I had to go to the local village shoe store. This is kind of like going to Disney World for a hamburger. I should have 4 pair of shoes for the price I paid for one. And I don't even like the ones I had to get, but they were the only ones left in his size.

I didn't actually put it off to the last minute. I had gone to a department store two weeks ago. But it was the weekend, and I wasn't the only one there. After I waited on service for what seemed liked forever, my impatience got the best of me. I left in a huff, determined that I was not going to beg for someone to take my money. (For what it's worth, the guy at the village shoe store gave me his full attention, gave treats to the kids, memorized Isaac's name, and had a big smile on his face as he took my money. I think he was a used car salesman before, but he discovered that he could make more on commission from selling these shoes.)

Anyway, we're excited about our trip. I'll post some pictures when we get back!

No comments: