Monday, June 18, 2007

Daddy's Day

Scott had the kind of Father's Day you have when your kids are young.

The girls, excited about the gift they'd gotten, woke him up at the crack of dawn. And when Isaac followed them downstairs to retrieve the gift, he found the car keys and pushed the alarm button. By the time we located him hiding in a corner with a big smile on his face, all the other neighbors were awake as well.

So much for sleeping in. Or sleeping out, for that matter. Scott's gift just happened to be a camping tent. If you know Scott, you know how much he enjoys camping, right? I'm sure the only action that tent will see will be in our backyard. For the moment, I'm loving the fact that I have Isaac to tend to. A toddler who must sleep inside the house. Under the roof. In a comfortable bed. Near his mother. I'll be waving happily to them from my perch inside my air conditioned home.

It could've been worse. They wanted to get him a dog.

No comments: