Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A White October

When I left home this morning, it was raining and sleeting, with a few snow flurries. I dropped Isaac off at preschool and then went to Michael's to pick up some craft supplies for Katherine's Halloween party. I shopped for about an hour or so and walked out into a blizzard. I mean heavy snow! The weather report hadn't predicted snow - only rain.

When I got to my car, there was a light on indicating low tire pressure in the rear passenger tire, but the tire looked fine so I decided to try to make it to Isaac's preschool before going to the tire shop. Scott was way off in Indianapolis, so he couldn't get Isaac for me. I drove through heavy snow and sleet, hoping not to slide off the road or have a blowout. It didn't help that, less than a mile from Isaac's school, the road had flooded and I had to detour another 4 miles out of the way. I finally made it to his school and we made it safely to the tire shop.

But when we left the tire shop the weather and road conditions were even worse. Traffic lights were out, and when we got home, we didn't have any electricity.

The electricity finally came back on and my fingers have thawed out, so I can now report our earliest snow since we've lived here. The updated weather report, given after the fact, said that we got 3 inches. Three inches of snow, three days before Halloween. Trick... or treat?

1 comment:

April Brown said...

Cindy!! Please write Al Gore and let him know that global warming has officially skipped over NJ! Snow...I can not imagine. It is really cold here...we might have to wear a sweater on Halloween :)