Friday, October 10, 2008

Dylan

I had a big scare yesterday when Dylan had an asthma attack. After she was diagnosed with asthma last year, it's never been a big issue because she only had some exercise induced coughing. But that has all changed now.

The girls happened to be out of school yesterday when it happened. It started with a severe coughing fit. Then she couldn't take in air and her face got puffy and red. When her lips turned blue, it scared me to death!! I had a nebulizer here that she had never used. We used that and things went from bad to worse. She broke out in hives, and the doctor, who was on the phone, had me standing by with the epipen, which we've also never had to use. Thankfully, she responded to benadryl and I didn't have to use the epipen.

Talk about a nerve racking moment. I'm still shaking today.

No comments: