Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Real Lucy Moment

Scott has our remaining Alabama pictures on his laptop. I'll post them as soon as I get them. But I'm kind of afraid to ask him for anything right now, though, so it may be a few days. I'm kind of in the doghouse. Literally.

For some reason this week, I've made some spur of the moment decisions. And I'm not a spontaneous person. Not at all. Maybe it's my midlife crisis kicking in early. Really, REALLY early.

No, I didn't get a little red convertible sports car. But I did paint and redecorate a bathroom on a whim.

And got a dog.

So, when Scott walked in last night, he walked into chaos. I had planned to surprise him, but he instead surprised me by arriving home 3 hours early. (He apparently tried to call, but the phone was buried at the bottom of a pile of Isaac's toys. Off the hook.) The paint mess was still everywhere, and the speech the girls were preparing regarding the dog was still in the making. I'm not sure what went through his mind, but both girls started screaming and trying to block him from coming through the door. And I got a classic You got some 'splaining to do look.

No comments: