Monday, May 14, 2007

Making Nice

Yesterday was great. Breakfast in bed, picnic in the park, the whole nine yards. But after a day of being spoiled, it's time to get back to work.

And I have my work cut out for me. His name would be Isaac. When volunteering to help in the nursery at church yesterday, I discovered that - gasp! - Isaac is the nursery bully. Yep. My sweet little bouncing baby bully.

I know toddlers don't like to share. But it wasn't just Isaac not wanting to share his own toys. It was Isaac taking what he wanted - toys, drinks, snacks, you name it. The fact that the other 3 boys were older and bigger didn't deter our little bruiser. In fact, when the biggest little boy chose to sit inside a little ship that Isaac was particularly fond of, Isaac wrapped his arms around him, hurled him out, and said, "Uh, oh".

"Uh, oh" is right. I've got six days to make him nice. Wish me luck.

No comments: