Friday, May 18, 2007

The Color Green

As of yesterday, I have a new favorite pastime. Cutting the grass.

The antique riding mower we had inherited from the previous owners has been laid to rest. (I could say that it just couldn't cut it, but that would be beyond corny.) It's replacement arrived yesterday - a shiny new John Deere!

I had so much fun cutting the backyard! I'm actually looking forward to the next time. It was a perfect 68 degrees outside, and the smell of the freshly cut grass was great. A couple of months ago, when the grass was buried under ice and snow, and my lungs would hurt from just breathing, I dreamed of this day. And now that it's here, I'm going to savor every last second of it.

I guess I should be more excited about the bike, but it's not nearly as relaxing or fun. Just don't tell the girls.

No comments: