Sunday, August 1, 2010

What Exactly is a Tar Heel?

Wow. I didn't realize what an effect moving would have on my blogging! My mind has been so preoccupied with trying to find/place/remove/insert our household that during my "down" times, I'm pretty much reduced to mind-mush.

We've made some progress. We've unpacked the core areas (bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) and are pretty much down to the finishing touches, ie finishing the rec room and garage (the drop spots for things that could be put off until later), hanging pictures and curtains, and rearranging things that don't make any sense whatsoever.

Besides the house, we've also: met the neighbors, made a trip home to Alabama, arranged first play dates, registered for schools and preschool, found an orthodontist, piano teacher and tae kwon do class. Still to do: find a home church, pediatrician, dentist, ETC.

We're also learning more about the area. We've learned that the red fox can make some crazy scary noises that will freak you out at 2:30 in the morning. We're learning what plants will and will not grow in hard red clay. We're learning that North Carolina has some good barbecue and peaches. And since we're surrounded by a big lake, we're looking forward to learning a thing or two about boats.

If you find yourself in the area, come on by! The sheets may not match, and we might put you to work (just ask Kim, Ms. Peggy & Mr. Tee), but we have all-you-can-drink sweet tea. I'm loving me some family size tea bags!

2 comments:

April Brown said...

Cindy, I've been wondering how you're doing! So glad to read an update. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!!

BTW, Molly starts kindergarten next Monday!! I'm freaking out!!!

love you friend!!

Cindy said...

April, I can't believe little baby Molly is starting Kindergarten!!! Please update your blog and get some new pic's up!! Love you, too!