Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Isaac's 4th Birthday
























Isaac's birthday was Sunday. We celebrated with his requested meal of grilled fish, broccoli, rice, chocolate cake, and chocolate chip cookies. Not your typical preschool fare, but Isaac's favorites.

I have to admit, there have been moments when I've contemplated Isaac with a little bit of concern. From day one, life with this little guy has never been simple. Interesting, surprising, complicated...yes. Dull, quiet, easy...not so much. I guess if I had to sum up Isaac in one word, in all honesty, it would be - LOUD. He is just plain loud. He is loud when he talks, he is loud when he plays, he is loud when he eats, and he most certainly is loud when he's not a happy camper!

But, as he gets older, a new side of Isaac is becoming more prominent. His sweet side. He's always been loads of fun, definitely. But this loving side is really just emerging. The hugs, the "I wuv oo's", the kisses. The sweetest thing in the world is hearing him spontaneously announce, "I wuv our famiwy". Well, I 'wuv our famiwy', too. And I'm so happy that this little fellow joined us four years ago. So very, very happy.

No comments: