Monday, March 2, 2009

Retreating

We've enjoying being snowed in today. It's given us a chance to slow down and catch up on things!

It was especially nice for me because I was gone all weekend. I left early on Friday to go on a retreat in northern Pennsylvania with the women from our church. I had never left Scott alone overnight with the kids, much less for 3 days, so I was a little skeptical. On Thursday, I called him to ask what he'd like for me to pick up at the store for meals. His response? "Just make sure we have cereal." I knew then that he was in for it. Takes a little more than Captain Crunch to keep this ship afloat, but I decided I'd let him discover that for himself. So I got him cereal. I even got two different varieties.

I have to give him credit, though. I arrived home to a clean house and dinner in the oven. And it wasn't even warm oatmeal! But he turned 3 shades of white when I jokingly said that we had another retreat planned for next month. Captain Crunch was suddenly ready to jump ship!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just see his face now. "Oh, really," he responds. I would have paid to see that one.