Thursday, September 4, 2008

New School - Old Drama



Today was the first day of school for the girls. Katherine leaves for her school an hour earlier than Dylan this year. Which is good since she's our early riser. She pops right up and is quite chipper in the mornings. She also prepares for her day well in advance. She'll have everything carefully laid out together from top to bottom, with an alternate outfit "just in case". Accessories? Check. Sequins on at least 2 items? Check. New shoes that have never touched dirt? Check. And, just for good measure, she wants to be at the bus stop 15 minutes early. Again, "just in case".





Dylan is quite happy that she doesn't leave until 8:15 this year. Not that we weren't still scrambling around this morning looking for two shoes that match. Two OLD shoes. She insisted on wearing her nasty old flip flops today because they're her most comfortable, and she won the stand-off because Scott was still here. I gave in after he gave me the ole "molehill-not-a-mountain" look. But I compromised only after insisting that I at least get to spray some bleach on them. And accessories? Are you kidding me? Something flashy? Not likely. Arriving at the bus stop early? Not a chance.

The fact that the girls are so different certainly keeps things interesting. It doesn't make things easy, but I wouldn't change a thing. (Of course, I'll need you to remind me that I said this in a few days when I'm pulling my hair out!)

1 comment:

April Brown said...

Hysterical...Katherine looks bedazzling in her sequins! Don't you wish you had an ounce of her enthusiasm? Dylan is a girl after my own heart...who needs all the frills when you look as beautiful as she does!! Hope they both have a wonderful school year!