Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A New Outlook


When Isaac walked into the room this morning wearing one of the girl's headbands in his hair in an attempt to keep his hair out of his eyes, I knew I had to stop putting off that haircut.

The last time I had taken him to get his hair cut, things hadn't gone so well. I was pretty sure we had worn out our welcome even before we got started when, as we walked through the door, the woman said, "Uh-oh, let me get my earplugs!" And she wasn't smiling when she said it. You would think that a place set up just for kids could at least be a little discreet with the earplug comments.

So I found us another place that caters to kids and, best of all, it's right next to Target. Isaac's favorite store. So I took him there first and let him run up and down the toy aisle for a long time, and then I even bought him some candy in the check-out line.

I'm happy to report that my bribery worked this time. He was great. We should have at least another cut or two before we're barred from this place.

No comments: