Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Last Night's Tornado

We woke up last night at 12:15 with lightning and thunder crashing. Scott mumbled something about the wind picking up. And then we heard the roar. We jumped out of bed, and I ran upstairs to get the kids. Scott opened the front door to look out, and you could see the debris flying by. And then...it was over. That fast. Before I could even wake the kids. Scary.

This is the lake house behind us. It was completely destroyed. *


This is another lot behind us.


Same lot.


Looking up our street.


Neighbors 3 doors down.


Same house.


House across from previous home had the garage doors blown off and wooden play set destroyed.


4 doors down.


Looking toward our house (last driveway in the distance).


I'm thankful that none of our neighbors were hurt. And, compared to their damage, ours seems minimal. But..my beloved plant stand was twisted and bent. This is the same one Scott's dad made for us years ago when we got our first home. That thing has followed us everywhere. During our last move, I was so excited when the moving truck arrived in North Carolina from New Jersey with that thing strapped onto the back looking like some sort of strange satellite system!

Hopefully the stand can be repaired. My ferns and flowers...not so much. But they can be replaced.

So...I promise to post some more happier moments from the last few weeks within the next few days.

*And I apologize for the fuzzy pictures. Someone with sticky fingers borrowed my camera without asking. He was very proud of the 52 pictures he took of Gracie.

1 comment:

Jennifer Werneth said...

soooooo glad ya'll are ok! scary! we've had our share of sticky finger pics too:)