Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Katherine!











We began celebrating Kat's birthday on Friday. Yeah, Friday the 13th. I tried not to worry too much. I'm not all that superstitious anyway. I mean, with all the salt I threw over my shoulder throughout the day, I figured we were pretty well covered.

I guess the salt thing worked. That small fire was contained in a matter of seconds, and it only took a few minutes for the smoke to clear. No injures and no firetrucks lining our street. Just Dylan stuck holding the charred remains of her paper plate. Yes, that's our Dylan.

Katherine has been looking forward to her "double digits" birthday for months. She's been planning (think Franck Eggelhoffer from Father of the Bride) all the details of exactly how she wanted everything, walking around making lists. And everything turned out great! She had a lot of fun with her two best friends, Chloe and Sydney, who slept over and then joined her for mani-pedi's the next morning.

Later today, if she's brave enough to go through with it, she's going to get her ears pierced. I'll post details of this later. Sure to be dramatic and exciting!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!!!

No comments: