Monday, November 5, 2007

His name is T-R-O-U-B-L-E



Don't let that innocent smile fool you. He flashes it just long enough for you to let down your guard, and then he strikes.

The latest casualty? My laptop computer.

Friday morning had been really nice. Isaac had been unusually patient and good while we were out running errands. So when we got back home, in a moment that can only be described as temporary insanity (although it's leaning more toward the more permanent kind here lately - soon I'll be writing about my moments of temporary sanity), I thought I could leave him for just a minute to grab a quick shower.

I got him all situated on the couch with his bunny, his covers, his chocolate milk, and his favorite tv show. I ran upstairs and took a super quick "mom" shower and then bolted back downstairs, drying off as I went. Hearing the same show still on, I felt confident that my little angel would still be sitting just as I had left him.

He was still sitting, alright. Sitting at my computer. All around him, the floor was littered with the keys that he had pried off the keyboard. EVERY SINGLE KEY. Broken off.

When he saw me, he just flashed another one of his great big, innocent looking smiles.

No comments: